We are a Veterans Support Organization comprised of past, present and legacy members who have served, are presently serving or, who strive to serve in the Naval Special Warfare community. This includes Amphibious Scouts and Raiders, Naval Combat Demolition Units, OSS Maritime Division, Underwater Demolition Teams, SEAL Teams, SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team and other Naval Special Warfare specific commands.
Who we are
Why do we exist?
We exist to unite all active duty, veteran and retired personnel who are serving, or, have served in Naval Special Warfare and to inspire and encourage service in Naval Special Warfare. Additionally, we support the health and welfare of all members and their families.
What do we provide for our membership?
- – Updates to Current Events within the Naval Special Warfare Community through our Association Website
- – Quarterly “Blast” magazine print publication
- – Annual Membership Directory
- – Annual Business Meetings held during both Annual East and West Coast Reunions
- – History and Heritage Archives, provided with the assistance of the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum through the SEAL Heritage Center Naval Special Warfare History and Archives Library.
- -The Membership Life Assistance Program (MLAP) provides services that positively impact the quality of life for individuals and their families by providing programs and information that are consistently available, accessible, and responsive to the needs of the individual, or family member, seeking assistance. Our MLAP mission is to provide information, coordination, and assistance during times of need from existing government and/or benevolent programs that are accessible and responsive to our members.
Association Chapters located throughout the United States provides a conduit to our members who live in those areas.
How do we benefit the Naval Special Warfare Community?
In partnership with the Navy SEAL Foundation, we help support the serving members of the Naval Special Warfare Community and their families. Through our Association and our Chapters fundraising efforts, we help provide needed support to the Navy SEAL Foundation while also promoting the positive image of Naval Special Warfare during public events.
The Mission of the UDT-SEAL Association
To fraternally unite all persons who were assigned to Naval Combat Demolition Units (NCDUs); Scouts and Raiders (S&R); Underwater Demolition Teams (UDTs); who were, are, or will be assigned to SEAL Teams and SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVTs)of the United States Navy; and, those who served the Naval Special Warfare community, collectively referred to as “The Teams.”
As a Veterans Support Organization, we strive to assist our members and their families by improving their quality of life through our Membership Life Assistance Program, (MLAP). MLAP serves as advocates to veteran members by providing liaison with appropriate and existing services in response to their needs.
To perpetuate the tradition of “The Teams,” and encourage the highest degree of skill, efficiency, discipline, and loyalty among its members.
To commemorate the memory of Team personnel who have given or shall give their lives in the defense of our great Nation and the Free world.
To recognize the moral, intellectual, social, and economic benefits of members and their families; to forward and promote the general welfare and prosperity of its members, and improve by all lawful means their status and conditions.
To perpetuate, and expand our existing scholarship program.
To educate members and the citizens of the United States in the development of Naval Special Warfare (NSW), and to keep all concerned persons informed of new developments within NSW consistent with security regulations.
To join for social camaraderie and encourage every member of the UDT-SEAL Association toward a closer, personal relationship and friendly spirit of mutual cooperation.
To conduct an annual business meeting and reunion events for the enjoyment of members.
To recognize UDT-SEAL Association members as a part of a unique and select fraternity of individuals, who are role models within their communities and society, and to encourage every member to conduct themselves in the highest traditions of “The Teams” and the United States Naval Service.
To preserve and nourish the unique relationship that exists between the retired, separated, and active duty members of the UDT-SEAL Association.